Hello guys! These rolls are my favorite and you tailor them how you like, that’s our RandomNest style.
I can quickly throw this together when we have unexpected guests.
I’ve made these larger for meat ball sandwiches, I’ve made them as sides, even larger for bread bowls adding my favorite homemade chicken soup.
30 minutes total so set that oven at 400 degrees.
- 1 cup of warm water for the yeast.
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon of soft butter
- 3 cups of flour if it’s too wet, add 1 more.
- Some milk, maybe 3 tablespoons to brush on top of the bread, you can also use butter.
- Add your yeast into your warm water (should be blood warm).
- Add your oil and sugar than let it sit 8 to 10 minutes till its bubbly.
- Mix in your butter, salt, and beaten eggs.
- Grab a large spoon and mix one cup of flour into the wet at a time for a soft fluffy dough.
- Use a stand mixer if you want to be fancy. I personally don’t prefer the dishes💃🏾.
- Next, its time to knead the dough! Get your hands ready and fold the dough in and out for 10 min. (Not too much, keep that dough nice and airy!)
- Divide your dough up into small balls for sides, larger balls for sandwich rolls or bread bowls.
- You decide, do it RandomNest style!
- You can get 17 small rolls or 10 big rolls.
- Double the recipe if you want more rolls.
- Place the rolls on a greased pan and cover them with a warm towel.
- I like to rinse my towel in warm water, squeeze it out than lay it on top. This grows big rolls fast and keeps air out.
- Let it rise for at least 10 min.
- If you have more time let it sit up to 30. The longer, the nigger the roll grows.
- Brush them with the milk or butter, before putting them in the oven.
- Bake until brown or golden, your choice. No more than 12 min depending on how many you made.
- If doubled, bake for 15 to 20. Keep watch.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It my go-to for quick rolls. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of sugar for sweetness and cinnamon.
Skies the limit! Blessings!