Hello everyone, I pray this message blesses you! 🙏🙏🙌❤️
“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.” (Pro 10:9)
When people look at us, what do they see, can they see the Spirit of God flowing in us? About 95% of our make-up should show evidence of the Holy Spirit within us. The other 5% should be fighting to have that same make-up.
I say this because we deal with different situations in our lives where the Spirit is not always evident. Yet, we should be fighting to “die to ourselves” and live completely for Christ.
King David’s life had so much integrity. It wasn’t his faults that made him, but his integrity, his honesty.
One might say that’s easy right? The Lord knows everything about us- “O Lord, You have examined me…You know my thought…You know what I am going to say before I even say it.” (Ps 139:1-4)
True, The Lord does know us. He created each and every one of us -Psalm 139:13-16. Yet David was honest about himself to himself.
Whenever, he was wrong, he would evaluate himself. He had a heart to please God and was very repentant. In David’s Psalms, we see him encouraging himself, rebuking himself, and CONSTANTLY reminding himself that the Lord was on his side, when he walked in OBEDIENCE and was FAITHFUL to God.
David didn’t object to any punishment and confessed his sins before the Lord. There were consequences -yet he wanted no one to suffer on account of him. His love for the Lord was extraordinary, and he was a man after God’s own heart. (1 Sam 13:14, Acts 13:22)
Let’s evaluate ourselves for a moment, like King David would do:
- Are we honest with ourselves in what we can and cannot do? (Rom 7:18-24, 2Cor 13:5)
- Do we grumble when we don’t get our way? (Phil 2:14, James 5:9)
- Do we acknowledge our sin, and ask God to forgive us? Even the people we hurt? (Ps 32:5, 51:3)
- Do we love others and take the blame for our own mistakes? (2 Sam 24:17, Eph 4:2-3, Rom 13:8)
King David was blessed because he trusted and humbled himself before the Lord. We can take this example from David and live victoriously in Christ, knowing our shortcomings make us stronger. The POWER of Christ rest on those in Christ. We must decrease so the Spirit of God can increase in us. (2 Cor19:9)
“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.” (Ps 1:1-3)
Today is the day of salvation. To be honest, Jesus loves you, yes -YOU! For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. Will you trust Him to save you today? (John 3:16-17)
If you are ready, say this starting prayer: confess it with your mouth and believe it with your heart.
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe You died for my sins and rose to give me life. Right now Lord, I turn from my sins opening my heart and life for You to come in. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. Amen. (Romans 10:9)
Now, if at all possible, get to your nearest Bible preaching church and receive the support you need.
Do you have a prayer request? Did you receive salvation, or want to share this prayer with others? See the link below.
Recipes to inspire you and to help you feed your family for weeks and months! Hello meal Prep!