This is one of those dishes that will satisfy you right away, minus the heavy meats. I recently did a 21 day fast with my church, and one of the things we let go here at the Nest, was meat.
So I discovered mushrooms! Because TOFU isn’t for EVERYONE, okay.
Mushrooms, the right ones, have a nice meaty taste and you can literally make them taste like meat, without eating meat.
Feeds 4 people.
Lets get started!
- 12oz pack of Organic mushrooms, sliced or slice your own.
- 5 cups of any frozen or fresh vegetable blend of your choice.
- I used the Kirkland Normandy brand.
- 1 pack of Thin Spaghetti pasta or angel hair pasta.
- I used Barilla Protein + (100% plant based protein pasta)
- Soy Sauce
- Minced garlic
- 1/3 tsp of Turmeric
- 1/3 tsp black pepper
- Start to boil your pasta on medium high until slightly aldente.
- This will help it freeze properly if you are meal preping.
- *Tip: Add a splash of white vinegar into your boiling pasta to prevent it from sticking. Oil will add more calories.
- Next, slice your mushrooms up. This can be done however you want.
- In a large pan, add a table spoon or so of oil. I used grape seed, but use whatever you have on hand.
- Start to stir fry your frozen or fresh veggies on medium heat to get them soft first without burning them.
- As they start to soften, add your mushrooms on top.
- Add your seasonings, along with your minced garlic.
- Feeling Random? Add a kick of spice! I added a table spoon or so of hot green Mexican salsa. That’s RandomNest style!
- Stir fry your veggies on a higher heat so they don’t become mushy.
- Next, add your soy sauce on top and let every thing mingle on high heat for a minute or two, as you continuously stir it.
- be careful not to burn them! If it looks like things are getting darker than you like, turn OFF THE HEAT.
- Next, pour this mixture over your DRAINED pasta, and stir with a pasta spoon.
- Add additional soy sauce to coat your noodles according to your liking and taste.
This was DEEEE-LICIOUS!
Recipes to inspire you and to help you feed your family for weeks and months! Hello meal Prep!