Have you ever made tacos or burritos and realized that you forgot the sour cream, or that you just ran out, or don’t have enough?
This recipe could save your life! Not literally. But close enough. I have found myself often times in the middle of baking needing some sour cream for my cakes, you know, for that EXTRA moistness. So this has definitly saved my recipies quite a few times.
You might already even have the ingredients if you love Greek yogurt, and clean or cook with vinegar. I’ve even tried Apple Cider vinegar, and it still works like a charm. The vinegar gives off that taste you need.
So, lets get started!
- 1 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TB of Distilled White Vinegar or even Apple Cider Vinegar
- Which ever you have on hand, you will use less ACV because the taste is really strong.
Makes 1 Cup
- First determine HOW MUCH cream you need, so you can double this recipe if needed. It will last in the refrigerator as long as its covered tightly, the taste becomes richer as the days pass. It will expire when your Greek yogurt expires.
- In a medium sized bowl, spoon in your Greek Yogurt
- Add your vinegar one tablespoon at a time, and mix
- Now add the rest of the vinegar, at this point you should have sour cream.
- If you want more of a sour taste, add just a tiny bit more vinegar for your desired taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of Paprika for decoration, this is totally OPTIONAL. But I LOVE the way it looks and guest love the surprise red sprinkles!
Use the sour cream how you would normally, on top of tacos, burritos, in cakes, e.t.c.
We hope you enjoy making this recipe. If you’ve tried it, leave us a comment below. Share your tips, pics, e.t.c.