It is time for a new easy breakfast meal prep recipe! If you have not seen my others, don’t forget to click through my categories for some fun ones. I will be adding so much more as time allows.
Meal prepping is fun! Don’t think of it as daunting, but a way where you can cook all day, and have food for weeks! You WILL save so much money.
I cannot stress these benefits enough:
- It saves money.
- It provides fast food that is ready to heat and serve.
- You have food to come home to and enjoy!
- You can make as much as you have room to store.
- You will not waste food. That’s a big plus for me. We tend to have leftovers that no one wants to eat right away, so this helps by only cooking what is needed for each day. That’s 2 chicken thighs for each person. So I’ll prepare 3 pans, with 12 thighs in each pan!
- Its grab and go food.
- You control your portions for you and your children.
- You spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family!
- Who doesn’t love more cuddle time with their babies! They grow up so fast!
- It helps you plan your grocery list in advance.
- Especially, if your job is demanding, or you work in ministry, or you are away from home most of the time.
So lets get started!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees!
Easy Breakfast Quiche (Meal Prep style)
A delicious breakfast go to, when you can't decide what to eat! And why not meal prep it!
- 15 Eggs
- 2 Cups Shredded cheese
- 8-10 colorful sweet peppers
- 10-12 mushrooms (These will replace meat, if you want it vegetarian and not vegan.)
- 1/2 cup Frozen or chopped onions (I always buy frozen because it is LESS time consuming. I know, I know Right! )
- 1-2 cups Fresh green spinach (Mine was from frozen because I brought a large Kirkland bag and froze it when I got home. EASY PEEZEY!)
- 2 cups Milk or water (Used to thin out those eggs. I used Oat milk, which is very delicious!)
- 1 tbsp oil (For cooking veggies (any kind))
Seasonings of Your choice, add to taste. I chose:
- 1 tbsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic (Or 2 tsp of minced)
Crack your eggs into a large bowl. If you do not desire the umbilical cords, take them out, as I often do.
Add your seasonings. I like to season my eggs before adding anything else. This helps me determine how much I need, being a visual person.
Add your milk or water, than add the cheese.
Set your egg mixture in the fridge while you cook up your veggies. In a medium sized pan, large if you need it -add a tablespoon of oil. Toss in your mushrooms, sweet peppers, and spinach. Saute on medium heat until tender.
Take your 9×13 dishes and spray or rub with a little oil.
Pour your eggs between the two dishes.
Divide the sauteed veggies between both pans, and top with a little more cheese
Bake in the oven for 10 to fifteen minutes, or until firm.
*Tip: If your family loves a meaty quiche, add turkey sausage, or bacon to keep it healthy and light. Or bacon and beef sausage for a weekend brunch!
Once your quiche are done, use a sharp knife to cut them in to squares. I had 8 squares per pan.
If you have wax paper, cut squares and put each quiche under a piece of wax paper. Take a freezer bag and pile them, without squishing, on top of each other. The wax paper prevents the quiche from touching while freezing, making it easy for you to grab what you need, and go.
*Tip: If you do not have wax paper, use pieces of foil.
Alright guys, I hope you enjoyed this breakfast meal prep. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions, and how it went for you.