This is the same banana bread recipe that my husband made in one of our family vlogging videos (linked below). I am very pleased to finally be able to share this with you guys.
These muffins are very delicious, and they taste awesome anytime of the day!
I love the heartiness of these muffins, and they are an awesome meal prep.
In fact, when you freeze them, they last about three months, sometimes longer than that! The only rule of thumb to having them frozen, is that you must wrap and freeze them properly once they cool off for sure freshness.
Double, even triple the batch for meal prep, or to share. I recently made a double batch, in which I baked up into a bundt cake pan, and gave to my neighbors. They absolutely loved it.
So without further ado, lets get STARTED!
Banana Bread Muffins
- Muffin pan of your choice or cake pan
- one large bowl
- one medium sized bowl for the wet ingredients
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt This helps even out the sweetness, so don't skip!½
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice *optional, but I just love the taste!
- 3 Large and brown ripe bananas When you smash them, it should be about 1 cup.
- ⅓ Cup vegetable oil You can also replace this with apple sauce if you don't have oil.
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ cup Apple Sauce This makes these muffins SO tender!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Mash your bananas into the medium mixing bowl. Use a large fork, blender, or pastry cutter.
- Add: vegetable oil, sugar, egg, apple sauce and vanilla into the bowl with the bananas.
- Mix well
- In the large mixing bowl, Add: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.Mix well with a large spoon or spatula.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixing well. Also if you want chocolate chips, mix them in here!
- cover your bowl with a kitchen towel, and allow to rest for 15 minutes, this will thicken your batter
- Line your muffin pans with muffin liners or wax paper.
- Fill your tins to the top, then bake for 8 no more than 9 minutes on the 425°F
- After that, turn the oven down while the muffins are inside, and bake till done at 375°F for 12 or 14 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to insert into the center checking for wetness. If the pick comes out clean, they are done!
- This gives them the puffy tops that we love to see in the bakery styled muffins!