Are you looking for a light, sweet, classic, sugar cookie treat?
We have the recipe, with a lower calorie twist.
You can enjoy more of these cookies with less guilt and that same delicious flavor.
The history behind this:
My wife made these one morning for us as mini powdered donut, they were so delicious.
But as always, we aim to turn anything into something we can have more of, lower in calories.
So I hit the kitchen and re-made these into a delightful cookie.
We love this recipe and are delighted to share it with you! So don’t wait let’s get baking!
A little shopping never hurt anyone when it comes to baking!
Light Puff Sugar Cookies
- Large bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- mixing spoon
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup sugar White or brown. Use your favorite sugar.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil Basically any kind you like except olive oil because of the strong taste.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and set aside a large cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Mix all the dry ingredients to evenly distribute them throughout the batter.
- Then add in oil, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Form dough ball
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, for the topping.
- Pinch off chunks of the dough and form small balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Place balls about an inch apart and bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown and dough inside is done. If need check one with a fork or skewer.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!