The rolls are a life saver!
We have run out of bread plenty of times, and every time I do a variation of these rolls.
They are soft, and fluffy, just the right airy touch!
You can make these as hamburger buns, or bake it as a bread loaf.
I have done it all, however, I feel they are just perfect as buns. You lots of applesuace to replace oil, and or egg.
This makes this recipe nearly vegan!
I have listed some things you will absolutely need in this recipe. One of them is yest. Yest has been hard to find for most people, especially since the start of covid 19.
However, you can try to make these yeast-free. IF you do, they will be more like a biscuit than anything else, still delicious and very good.
So let’s get started!
Easy Yeast Rolls
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 cup warm water for the yeast.
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 3 cups flour if it’s too wet, add 1 more cup.
- 3 tbsp milk about 3 tablespoons to brush on top of the bread, you can also use butter.
- Add your yeast into your warm water (should be blood warm).Add your oil and sugar than let it sit 8 to 10 minutes till its bubbly.
- Mix in your butter, salt, and beaten eggs.
- Grab a large spoon and mix one cup of flour into the wet ingredients, a little at a time for a soft fluffy dough. (Use a stand mixer if you want to be fancy. I personally don’t prefer the dishes.)
- Next, its time to knead the dough! Get your hands ready and fold the dough in and out for 10 min. (Not too much, keep that dough nice and airy!)
- Divide your dough up into small balls for sides, larger balls for sandwich rolls or bread bowls.
- Place the rolls on a greased pan and cover them with a warm towel. I like to rinse my towel in warm water, squeeze it out than lay it on top. This grows big rolls fast and keeps air out.
- Let it rise for at least 10 min. If you have more time let it sit up to 30. The longer, the bigger the roll grows.
- Brush them with the milk or butter, before putting them in the oven.
- Bake until brown or golden, your choice. No more than 12 min depending on how many you made. If doubled, bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer.