This recipe is an updated version of the previous.
It occured when I got in the kitchen and played around with ingredients. I wanted to make this lesser calories, and I was able to!
Now the power is in your hands. You have the option to replace your eggs and oil with applesauce.
It will change the texture if you do both, however, you can opt to change out one or both.
Either way, they will be goooood, so good.
Give it a try, come back and rate it!
I love your comments and remakes, every email sent to us helps us improve and test for you guys.
Iced Orange Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 tsps Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon/ pumpkin spice or both Either one is optional and good!
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4-6 Large Over-ripe bananas blacker the better
- 2 Large eggs
- ¾ Cup Applesauce makes muffins moist and replaces some oil
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt gives the muffins density
- ⅔ Cup oil Can replace with all applesauce to make healthier muffins.
- 2 tsp vanilla *optional
- 1 large Orange
- Preheat oven to 425°
- All of you dry ingredients together, being sure everything is fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas and incorporate all the wet ingredients.Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until mixture is just wet.
- Cover with a clean towel for ten minutes.
- Bake for ten minutes at 425°, Then lower the temperature to 375° for about 15-20 minutes.The end time depends on the size of your muffins. So keep an eye. Here, I baked large muffins.
- Zest your orange in a measuring cup, and juice it.Add your powdered sugar and mix.
- Let your muffins rest for ten minutes, then top with the glaze.
- Enjoy your muffins!