Have you ever made tacos or burritos and realized that you forgot the sour cream, or that you just ran out, or don’t have enough? Let’s make some homemade sour cream together!
This recipe could save your life! Not literally. But close enough. I have found myself often times in the middle of baking needing some sour cream for my cakes, you know, for that EXTRA moistness. So this has definitly saved my recipies quite a few times.
You might already even have the ingredients if you love Greek yogurt, and clean or cook with vinegar. I’ve even tried Apple Cider vinegar, and it still works like a charm. The vinegar gives off that taste you need.
So, let’s get started!
Homemade Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar or even Apple Cider Vinegar ACV is strong, so if the taste or the smell gets to you, use the distilled.
- 1 tsp Paprika Optional, for topping
- Prepare your yogurt in a medium sized bowl. If you need a mass amount of sour cream, double the recipe.
- Add in your vinegar and stir. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for five minutes to let the flavors set in.Store in a airtight container.
- Top with a sprinkle of Paprika for decoration, this is totally OPTIONAL. But I LOVE the way it looks and guest love the surprise red sprinkles!
We hope you enjoy making this recipe. If you’ve tried it, leave us a comment below. Share your tips, pics, e.t.c.