If you need to meal prep, or if you have a huge party to cater to, this recipe is for you!
Stuffed Burrito pie is famous in our household, because it has EVERYTHING, everyone likes, in one dish.
It all came about one day, when everyone requested burritos for dinner. When prompted about me making something else, like my famous lasagna, they all declined. They ONLY wanted burritoes.
Standing in the kitchen rolling burritos was not my idea of fun, so I thought to myself, “What if I made it as I would my lasagna!”
Thus, this dish was birthed. And it is even faster if you already have cooked meat.
This pairs well with my:
Let’s get started
Stuffed Burrito Pie
- Large foil pan
- 1 lb Carnitas, already cooked You can also use any meat of your choice. Opt for lean turkey to make this dish even healthier
- 3 Cans Refried Beans Use organic or lard free beans to keep the recipe healthier.
- 24 Tortillas Or two batches of my homemade tortillas rolled out on to baking sheets and pre-cooked. See link for recipe.
- 1 lb Cheese Use any favorite cheese here. To reduce the calories, opt to use Parmesan cheese.
- Chives to decorate *optional
- 1-2 Cans Diced tomatoes *Optional, you can also experiment with adding corn or any veggie will do.
- Salsa *Optional
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Prep your meat by cooking it. Add all the spices you want to your meat. If you are making carnitas, will cook for about 8hrs in a crock pot. Plan ahead here.
- Simmer your cans of beans on the stove top, and season to your taste.
- Add your diced tomatoes into the beans, and add salsa according to your preference.
- Mix the bean mixture together in a large bowl. Then add in your cooked meat.
- Prepare your tortillas for layering. If you baked homemade tortillas, spread a layer out at the bottom of a large foil pan.
- Next spread your meat and bean mixture across this layer, be sure to not over do it! Sprinkle with cheese and top with another layer of tortillas.
- Continue to build up your layers until you run out of tortillas.Once you are finished, top with more salsa, or tomatos and sprinkle a layer of cheese on top.Finish with some fresh chives spread along the entire pie!
- Bake in the oven at 400°F until the cheese is nice and bubbly, around 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from the oven and let sit to cool about 15-20 minutes.Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. See more down below.