“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.”

Proverbs 10:9

When people look at us, what do they see, can they see the Spirit of God flowing in us? About 95% of who we are should show evidence of the Holy Spirit within us. The other 5% should be fighting to have that same make-up.

I say this because we deal with different situations in our lives, where God’s working is not always evident, yet we should be fighting to “die to ourselves” and live completely for Christ. We don’t base our reality on ever passing moods and emotions, rather it is the truth in God’s word that we stand on, by our faith.

King David’s life had so much integrity. It wasn’t his faults that made him, but his integrity and honesty.

One might say that’s easy right? The Lord knows everything about us- “O Lord, You have examined me…You know my thoughts…You know what I am going to say before I even say it.” (Ps 139:1-4)

True, The Lord does know us. He created each and every one of us -Psalm 139:13-16. Yet David was honest about himself to himself.

Whenever, he was wrong, he would evaluate himself. He had a repentant heart towards God. In David’s Psalms, we see him encouraging himself, rebuking himself, and CONSTANTLY reminding himself that the Lord was on his side, when he walked in OBEDIENCE and was FAITHFUL to God.

David didn’t object to any punishment and confessed his sins before the Lord. There were consequences, yet he wanted no one to suffer on account of him. His love for the Lord was extraordinary, and he was a man after God’s own heart. (1 Sam 13:14, Acts 13:22)

Let’s evaluate ourselves for a moment, like King David would do:

  1. Are we honest with ourselves in what we can and cannot do? (Rom 7:18-24, 2Cor 13:5)
  2. Do we grumble when we don’t get our way? (Phil 2:14, James 5:9)
  3. Do we acknowledge our sin, and ask God to forgive us? Even the people we hurt? (Ps 32:5, 51:3)
  4. Do we love others and take the blame for our own mistakes? (2 Sam 24:17, Eph 4:2-3, Rom 13:8)

King David was blessed because he trusted and humbled himself before the Lord. We can take this example from David and live victoriously in Christ, knowing that our shortcomings make us stronger. The POWER of Christ rest on those in Christ. We must decrease so the Spirit of God can increase in us. (2 Cor19:9)

“Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.”

Psalm 1:1-3

Today is the day of salvation.

If you have not received Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, then do it now, and you will be a child of God and your citizenship will be in heaven with Jesus Christ!

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

SAY this beginning PRAYER:

God I’m a sinner and right now I turn from my sins. I ask you to forgive my sins, that I may be right with you. I believe that Jesus Christ: lived, died and that He rose from the dead. Right now, I ask you Jesus to be my Savior and Lord, that I may have eternal life in heaven. Thank you God for saving me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

See our other LIVE INSPIRED messages:

Loading…

Something went wrong. Please refresh the page and/or try again.

Explore Our Menu:

Randomnestfamily.org Live Inspired ministries
Family
Let Randomnestfamily.org pray for you!
Cook With Randomnestfamily.org with our recipes.
Subscribe and Join Randomnestfamily
Visit Randomnestfamily on YouTube
Visit us on YouTube!
Randomnestfamily.org Today's Devotion Ministries
Randomnestfamily.org family vlogs, join us!
Homeschool 101 with Randomnestfamily
Randomnestfamily.org homeschool mentor and consulting service.

Lets Shop!

Join our Newsletter!

We’d love to keep you updated with our posts, videos and special offers.

Join our Newsletter today.

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Hey friends, lets talk!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: