We love a good chocolate cookie, full of all the warmth that chocolate can bring, especially around the holidays.
That’s why these awesome bars are not only the title, but a very fresh and delightful chocolate chip cookie. As usual, we are always calorie conscious around here. We all like to have more than one cookie, so therefore, I added as many substitutions as I could, while still keeping that awesome texture. Feel free to go full force, or linger.
Make them any way you desire!
Never leave home!
Well, unless you want too. I’ve listed some must needed supplies below. Purchasing from these links will cost you nothing extra and we might get a small commission with a qualifying purchase.
Let’s get started!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Large bowl
- Large mixing spoon
- 13 x 9 Glass baking pan or cookie sheet
- 1¼ cup Granulated sugar Or any sweeter of your choice.
- 1¼ cup Brown sugar PACKED
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2½ Cups Chocolate chips Use any variation you want! White chocolate and dark chocolate are some of our favorites!
- 1½ cups Grapeseed oil *optionally you can use applesauce.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Mix all of your wet ingredients into a large bowl. Beat until everything is light and fluffy.
- Stir in baking soda and salt. Dough will be stiff.
- Pour in your chocolate chips, stir until combined throughout the batter.
- Allow your batter to rest in the refrigerator for upto ***1 hour.
- Line your cookie pan with wax paper or a baking mat. If your don't have any, simply oil your pan well.
- Bake up to 15 or 20 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool, Serve and enjoy!