Hey guys, Tasha here!
So this might seem edible, but I don’t think you’ll like the overpowering tumeric taste, LOL!
As per request, I am posting my turmeric face mask, seen on my YouTube video, “Get Ready With Us, It’s Valentine’s Day!”
This mask is VERY easy to make, and you might just have everything in your spice rack except the turmeric? Or you might have it ALL.
*Tip- use this mask on freshly washed and dried skin for the best results!
Let’s get started!
- 3 Tablespoons of Greek unsweetened yogurt
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons of Tumeric
- 1/3 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1tsp of instant coffee or fresh brewed grains.
- *Tip- add two tablespoons of fresh brewed and chilled green tea for an under eye boost and even more skin repair with its excellent antioxidant benefits!
- Mix all of your ingredients up in a storage bowl.
- If the mix is not yellow enough, meaning that it doesn’t look like mustard, add another tablespoon of turmeric.
- Use a face mask applicator, which can be found at an Dollar Tree, an makeup brush, or spoon, and spread it on your face, avoiding your eyebrows and eyes.
- Let sit until it dries completely, then in lukewarm water, gently rub your face in a circular motion to rinse the mask off and cleanse the skin.
- Dry your face with a dark colored towel or paper towels.
- Moisturize immediately.
- Enjoy your fresh beautiful skin!
- Turmeric is excellent for eating and using on your face. I love it because it reduces inflammation on your skin and inside your body, especially when activated by black pepper. But don’t put black pepper on Your skin!
- Coffee reduces cellulite, treats acne and dark circles. It also fights inflammation.
- Cinnamon heals acne and adds moisture to the skin.
- Green tea has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties. It helps especially if you have acne or oily skin.
- Now the greek yogurt adds tons of moisture to your face. Its rich in antioxidants, and creates that face glow. It can also gently exfoliate your skin, due to its lactic acid.
For these reasons alone, I have fallen in LOVE with this mask and have used it for almost two years. I see the difference!
Don’t be afraid to research these ingredients and create your own variation. Have fun, but be careful. You don’t want to burn or irritate your skin!
If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, don’t use them. Test a inconspicuous area first.
I hope you guys have enjoyed this recipe. It’s for men and women as well as teens. I’ve used it on my hubby, and my daughter’s face breakout, with WONDERFUL benefits.