Now that people are mostly stuck at home, due to the Coronovirus, its time to meal prep. I cannot stress the importance of this as it helps conserve food.
These muffins are so fast and easy, you will be surprised that it literally takes 10 minutes to whip up, and 25-30 minutes to bake.
They are healthy and nutritious, and they last a long time frozen. So because I meal prep, I love these. Just bake them up in two large 24 cup muffin pans, let them cool, then load them in freezer bags -labeled of course! You can even wrap them in wax paper inside the freezer bag for added goodness.
If you do not have muffin pans, fear not! Use the biggest cake pan you have. Bake it up cake style, slice it into squares, wrap it, freeze it!
Whatever you do, don’t give up! With Christ ALL things are literally possible. So bake up some healthy love, meal preparation style for your family!
I also have other meal prep recipes on this site, check them out.
So lets get started!
Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
- large 24 cup cake pan
- or Large cake pan
- Zip Lock Freezer bags if meal prepping
- *Optional: Wax paper or cup cake holders
- 6 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar I used brown sugar, but use whatever you have on hand. You can even replace with Honey!
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cup Greek Yogurt You can also use plain yogurt, or applesauce. If you choose applesauce, don't add the OPTIONAL applesauce.
- 2 Cup Applesauce *OPTIONAL, but will give you a VERY tender delicious muffin.
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 tsp Lemon Zest If you don't have it, don't worry about it!
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1.5 Cups Dried Cranberries You can add extra if you want. Why not toss in something else too!
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another medium sized bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients, and mix well.*You can do this entire recipe in one bowl if you would like. However, the eggs have to be beaten.
- Add your wet ingredients into your dry, and stir until well combined. Your batter will look rich and thick!
- Add in your Cranberries
- Spoon into your muffin pan, or giant cake pan. Whichever you chose to use.
- Bake until nice and golden at the top for up to 20 mins
*FYI: The muffin pans I used to do large meal prep batches are the Wal-mart brand ones, and they worked perfectly! https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Wilton-Bake-It-Better-Non-Stick-Muffin-and-Cupcake-Pan-24-Cup/43153592