Fast, Easy and Meal Prep Style
Brown rice is healthy and delicious, but cooking it can be tricky -even with a rice cooker.
However, if you cook it according to the directions, you will have pretty good rice. But, when I cook rice, I don’t have time to wait 45 minutes or more.
So the way I will show you will cook rice faster, and it WILL be tender.
Typically, you start with 1 cup of rice, to two and a half cups of water for brown rice, when cooking on the stove top.
But lets say you forgot to prepare the rice, and you needed it done like yesterday. Well lets get started:
Brown Rice (Fast, easy and meal prep style)
- Large pot, or rice cooker with a lid.
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Cups Filtered or tap water
- In a large pot, start your water to a boil. Turn the heat up to high.
- Next, wash your rice, I do about three to four rinses. If you have a strainer, pour your rice in it to rinse.
- Then, pour the clean rice into your pot
- Add the olive oil and cover your rice with the lid.
- Let your rice cook on medium to medium high high heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check to see that the water has absorbed, if not you are good to go! Cook for an additional 10 minutes until done.
- Grab your fork to test the rice, if its nice and soft, its done. If it appears hard, or "aldente" add a bit more water, and cook it on medium for 5 minutes more until that water is absorbed and the rice is done.
This rice pairs perfectly with my meal prepped burritos linked below!