4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:4-7
This is the Short film and bible message! Stay tuned in!
5 Steps to Peace
Do You Want Peace?
- Rejoice – Philippians 4:4
Why? Because it upsets the devil’s agenda. He can’t keep your buttons pressed, because your rejoicing deactivated, your frustrations, your rejoicing allows your spirit to take over and the flesh gets put away. Have you ever tried to press a button that you know was working before, but for some reason you just couldn’t get it to do what you wanted it to do? That happened to us our stove went out, but that is exactly the affect your rejoicing has on the devil. When you resist the temptation to stay upset, then the devil must flee and you defeat the enemy in your situation
2. Be Gentle/ Gracious to all Men – Philippians 4:5
Don’t let what you’re going through change the righteous character that the Holy Spirit has put in you.
You see the enemy wants to destroy your testimony. He wants to take you out of the Game. Don’t think that you’re gonna just be walking on clouds in this life, because see that’s when we really get messed up.
Peter told Jesus in Matthew 16:22 “You not going to the cross, this ain’t supposed to be happening to you”, but Jesus said get behind me satan. He was saying get away from me, you are a hinderance, I will not be stopped.
We have to understand that when people upset us, sometimes it’s not even on purpose, but even if it is, there are satanic forces behind the evil things that people do. Sometimes people need to be corrected, but again you have to be led by the Holy Spirit, in order to make a decision like that.
3. Get on your knees! And Pray – Philippians 4:6
*MC Hammer- “You got to pray just to make it today!”
– Get on your face before God! Sometimes our heads are in the clouds, because of the places we want to go, the people we want to be, the things we want to do, and the money we want to make, but we need to be in God’s face, to feed on who He is, to access His kingdom and not just for ourselves.
– When we pray for others, that’s when we begin to walk in the footsteps of Jesus.
– When you cast all your anxieties, the fear, anger, and stress at the feet of Jesus, then my people you can truly have peace. The bible says, “Cast” “Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.
4. Give thanks to God – Philippians 4:6
-You might be saying, well how do you do that? Does that work for every situation? Has what you’ve been doing been working?
– It is so very important for us to remember our Egypt today! How God has brought you out, made you clean, and lifted you up, because you have to be confident in knowing that God will do it again. Don’t believe the lies of the enemy, that tell you, “You’re God ain’t good!”, because the truth is He’s better than that.
– You have got to give thanks with a grateful heart? Why, because He gave you Jesus, there is no greater gift. Jesus is the cake and everything else is just a cherry on top. Jesus is the only necessary thing in your life!
5. Be Still
Jesus says, “If you want peace, be still!”. The disciples were on a boat and Jesus was sleep and they started yelling at Jesus, but Jesus showed them something. He rebuked the winds and the waves, He said “Quiet, Be Still!” and there was peace, but some of us still don’t know who Jesus is. Some of us feel that our life is in the hands of someone else, but if we remember that God is in control, then we can be still before God and stop talking so that God’s peace can overtake us. The bible says be still and know that I am God.
– Sometimes we don’t have peace because we’re always talking. It’s so true that we’re always running, but we need to stop, pray, and listen to what God is saying today.
Now all five of these steps individually can give you access to God’s peace, but Paul in Philippians 4:7 tells you the benefit that following these 5 steps will give you. He says,
“and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds, through Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:7
God’s peace that He will give you goes far beyond your understanding of what you’re going through, and not only that it will guard your heart and mind.
To keep that peace these are the things Paul says we need to think on: Philippians 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.Phillipians 4:8
Don’t let your mind change you. You change your mind.
We hope this video INSPIRED you. Every Sunday, there is an Inspiration message just for you! Don’t forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE when visiting us on youtube.
We Love you,