These are fast and a Randomnestfamily staple!
I love to make these whenever I am creating a signature dish that requires tortillas.
These homemade tortillas are ingredient friendly, lard free, and easy to make.
Let’s Get Started:
- 3 Cups Flour You can use whatever flour you desire, just remember that some flours might need a bit more moisture when adding liquids.
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Flour to roll out you tortillas
- ¾ cups Cold water Give or take. The water depends on the flour you use. Wheat takes more liquid, so add tablespoons at a time until you get a nice thick dough.
- ¼ cup Olive oil This is what gives these tortillas a very distinct and yummy flavor, without the fat of lard which is unhealthy.
- In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients together. Mix well.
- Next, use a large fork, or your hand to create a small well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Add your oil and water into the well, then gently combine with the fork.TIP: Do NOT over mix! This leads to a hard or tough dough. If this does happen, set the dough covered, aside and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is well combined with the liquid, began taking small pieces and rolling them into equal sized balls. Flour your hands as necessary.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean rolling surface. Take your balls one at a time and roll out the dough into a circle or whatever shape you desire.
- On a oiled or buttered skillet, cook up you tortillas. Enjoy!