This icing is very easy to make at those when you just need a quick, yet beautiful way to glaze your cookies, cakes, donuts and candy!
Using this recipe, easily convert this glaze into a light buttercream icing or chocolate glaze by adding just a tablespoon of cocoa powder. And if you are looking for a simple vanilla icing, there is also an option to add it or any other flavor into the mix!
Save calories using this icing, as it’s only 10 calories per serving and 15 calories if you turn it into a buttercream icing.
If you see me making an icing in one of my vlogs, this is usually my go to.
let’s get started!
Have you brought your sugar yet? Amazon has an amazing delivery service!
(These links are our affiliates, purchasing from these links might get us a little commission!)
Simple Glaze Icing
- Small or large bowl, depending on the amount you plan to make.
- Spoon or hand mixer if desired.
- 1½ Cup Powdered sugar or Confectioners sugar
- 2½ tsp Milk You can also use cream of any sort, even water
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract **This is optional, you can also substitute this with any flavoring of your choice.
For Buttercream icing
- 1 tsp Butter adds 5 more kcals per serving.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.Double the batch depending on the amount you need for glazing.
For Buttercream Icing
- Melt the butter and mix well with the other ingredients
- Dunk or pour over your treats