A ever growing collection of movies found around the web that you can use in your family Bible study!
A part of our Focus on The Family: Family Bible Study, we introduce you to a new way to enjoy Bible study with your family.
Family Bible study…
Is different than a typical Bible study with friends or church members and it’s different than handling a Sunday school class with a bunch of children.
We are dealing with our intimate family, and children. Things can get a bit wacky at times!
We believe Bible study should be fun when there are kids and teens involved, so we have catered Bible study with activities for all ages, with inspiration from many sources, you have made it to the Family Movie Room!
Each devotionally inspired video will have a set of optional family discussion questions that our curriculum is famous for. See the preview below:
Some days cause for a nice movie or clip, it doesn’t matter how you Bible study; we want to encourage you to
Image by Ketut Subiyanto
As usual before any Bible studying with your family: always begin with PRAYER.
See Matthew Chapter 3 Bible Study!
Reflecting: Matthew chapter 3
Let’s see a fun devotional about John the baptist.
- Who was John to Jesus, and who did John represent on earth?
- Kids: What did John eat, wear, and do in the dessert?
- Teens: What was King Herod’s sin and what did the queen do to get back at John for her embarrassment? What was the reason for John’s death, why didn’t God save him?
On forgiveness and Christian character
- How is the father’s forgiveness like God’s forgiveness for us?
- How should our character be when a former believer is restored to the faith? Reflect on the Character of the brother who stayed at home.
Keep in mind what Jesus said in Matthew 20:1-16
“And so it is that the last shall be first, and the first, last.”
On Spiritual Attacks
Question for the kids/teens:
- Why couldn’t satan touch Job or his household?
Question for parents:
- How did Jobs friends use God’s Words in the wrong way against him? Reflect on how satan attempted to do this same thing to Jesus in Matthew 4.
Parents are to watch with their child, This can get a bit scary, and you will have to pause to explain things to your children, please refer to the Optional Family Questions as a guide. But always use parental judgment.
See Matthew Chapter 8 Bible Study!
The MIGHTY Miracles Of Jesus
- In the video Chris was very excited to see Miraculo’s magic act. The
performer used clever tricks to make people think he had great
power—but was it real or fake?
- How do we know that Jesus’ power is real? Read Acts 2:22
- When the disciples were crossing the stormy sea, who was
worried and who wasn’t? Read Matthew 8:24-26.
- What do you think the disciples could have done in the storm if they had
Is there a situation in your life where you need to trust
It’s hard to obey sometimes! When Jesus was praying in the
garden, what was the big decision He had to make? Do you
think He wanted to stay alive? Jesus had never sinned, so
He had never been apart from God, His Father in heaven. He
knew the cross was a painful way to die—but even worse was
knowing that when He took the punishment for everyone’s sin,
He would be separated from His Father for the first time. What
answer did Jesus give God? Read Luke 22:42.
Here are some fun kids activities to do with your family.
This episode covers Jesus death and resurrection. But another important aspect is obedience.
- How did Jesus obey the Father, by going to the cross?
- What was difference with Jesus and His relationship to Mary, and Chris with his own mother?
- What do you think Chris learned?
Are you facing any big decisions right now? What choices
do you have? What does God want you to do?
Read Philippians 4:6.
Why did Chris decide to obey his mother? How did he show her
he had changed?
Imagine you are one of Jesus’ friends who followed Him for
three years. What would you think when He died—and then
came alive again?
How would your life be different? Read 2 Corinthians 5:14-15.
Tell me some ways we can show others that we are Jesus’
followers today. Read Ephesians 5:1-2.
Can you name some people who need to know about Jesus?
What would you like to tell them?
Read John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.
HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN!
THE DECISION THE COST THE VICTORY
PRAY Father God, when I am facing a hard choice, please
remind me to pray and obey—just like Jesus did. Amen.
Matthew 8:2-4 Jesus Heals The Leper
- What Kind of faith do you think the Leper had as he came to Christ?
- Why did Jesus heal the man right away?
- Why did the leper have to show himself to the priest?
- Refer to Leviticus 14:1-10
- Do you think God is willing to heal us of our sicknesses?
God our Healer
Matthew 8:14-15 “Peter’s Mother-in-Law Healed“
- What is the significance of Jesus healing Peter’s mother-in-law?
- Did this build Peter’s faith in who Jesus is?
In Matthew 8:5-13, Jesus has just healed the centurion’s servant with a word, and without ever seeing the servant.
- How is this healing of Peter’s mother-in-law different from that healing?
- What does both healings mean to you and your family?
- How can this increase your faith as a family in prayer and asking for healing?
John 1:40-42 The First Disciples: Andrew tells Peter
- What are the names of the two men? John 1:40
- What was Andrew so excited about? Read John 1:35-39
- Why do you think Peter might have been skeptical that Jesus was the “Messiah?” (vs. 42)
- In the scripture, why do you think Jesus called Peter the “rock?” Read Matthew 16:17-19
Being a Teenager Today
There’s a reason the message of Christianity has been called Good News since the very beginning.
There’s a reason that message is still called Good News today.
This message is clearly for the teenagers and parents, you can watch this video with your teens, pausing to discuss the various topics within. Let us know how it goes!
Big Question For the teens:
Is Jesus is inviting you to follow Him. What will you say? Trying to figure your life out? You’re not alone. Talk with your parents about the topics in this video.
Teenage and College Bound Kids
College is NOT the same as it once was decades ago. Its 1000x worse!
Sadie Robertson speaks on getting past all the fluff and having true passion.
Watch this video with your teens, pausing to talk about the subjects that come to your or their minds. Use your own past experiences to help them understand. Laugh and enjoy life together with your teens! Let us know how it went.