A ever growing collection of movies found around the web that you can use in your family Bible study!
A part of our Focus on The Family: Family Bible Study system, we introduce you to a new way to enjoy Bible study with your family.
Family Bible study…
Is different than a typical Bible study with friends or church members and it’s different than handling a Sunday school class with a bunch of children.
We are dealing with our intimate family, and children. Things can get a bit wacky at times!
We believe Bible study should be fun when there are kids and teens involved, so we have catered Bible study with activities for all ages, with inspiration from many sources, you have made it to the Family Movie Room!
Each devotionally inspired video will have a set of optional family discussion questions that our curriculum is famous for. See the preview below:
Some days cause for a nice movie or clip, it doesn’t matter how you Bible study; we want to encourage you to
Image by Ketut Subiyanto
As usual before any Bible studying with your family: always begin with PRAYER.
Reflecting: Matthew chapter 3
Let’s see a fun devotional about John the baptist.
- Who was John to Jesus, and who did John represent on earth?
- Kids: What did John eat, wear, and do in the dessert?
- Teens: What was King Herod’s sin and what did the queen do to get back at John for her embarrassment? What was the reason for John’s death, why didn’t God save him?
On forgiveness and Christian character
- How is the father’s forgiveness like God’s forgiveness for us?
- How should our character be when a former believer is restored to the faith? Reflect on the Character of the brother who stayed at home.
Keep in mind what Jesus said in Matthew 20:1-16
“And so it is that the last shall be first, and the first, last.”
On Spiritual Attacks
Question for the kids/teens:
- Why couldn’t satan touch Job or his household?
Question for parents:
- How did Jobs friends use God’s Words in the wrong way against him? Reflect on how satan attempted to do this same thing to Jesus in Matthew 4.
Matthew 8:2-4 Jesus Heals The Leper
- What Kind of faith do you think the Leper had as he came to Christ?
- Why did Jesus heal the man right away?
- Why did the leper have to show himself to the priest?
- Refer to Leviticus 14:1-10
- Do you think God is willing to heal us of our sicknesses?
God our Healer
Matthew 8:14-15 “Peter’s Mother-in-Law Healed“
- What is the significance of Jesus healing Peter’s mother-in-law?
- Did this build Peter’s faith in who Jesus is?
In Matthew 8:5-13, Jesus has just healed the centurion’s servant with a word, and without ever seeing the servant.
- How is this healing of Peter’s mother-in-law different from that healing?
- What does both healings mean to you and your family?
- How can this increase your faith as a family in prayer and asking for healing?