These are hands down the best tasting homemade refried beans ever!
I challenged my husband to a refried beans challenge.
He swears that his recipe is the best ever, I kid you not, when I tasted his beans, I was almost jealous.
Thus, I never give up, and I seem to love challenges, so here you go!
I made a big pot of these, and the whole family nearly fell over in surprise, husband too. LOL!
I made these to go inside my Stuffed Burrito Pie.
Lets get started!
These pair well with:
Homemade Refried Beans
- Large Skillet
- Large spoon or masher
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil or what whatever you have on shelf
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2/3 Cups Water and as needed You can also use Chicken stock or broth for added flavor.
- ½ medium Onion or substitute with Onion flakes
- Lawry's Seasoned salt to taste If you don't have Lawry's Use salt and pepper.
- 1-2 tsp Paprika to decorate *Optional
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped *Optional
- In your large skillet, heat up the oil, adding the onions.Cook until the onions are nice and slightly brown.
- Stir in your garlic at this point to give it heat. Do this for two minutes, don't let it sit as garlic tends to burn easily.
- Add in your cooked beans, and water or chicken broth.Once, the beans are heated through, begin mashing them.
- Mash the beans up adding more liquid as necessary, to get the consistency you want.
- Season your refried beans to taste, than sprinkle with the Paprika and cilantro if desired.Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, see more below!