These are hands down the best tasting homemade refried beans ever!
I challenged my husband to a refried beans challenge.
He swears that his recipe is the best ever, I kid you not, when I tasted his beans, I was almost jealous.
Thus, I never give up, and I seem to love challenges, so here you go!
I made a big pot of these, and the whole family nearly fell over in surprise, husband too. LOL!
I made these to go inside my Stuffed Burrito Pie.
Lets get started!
These pair well with:
Homemade Refried Beans
If you have cooked beans, or canned beans, you can make these in a jiffy! Use with ANY type of beans.
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil or what whatever you have on shelf
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2/3 Cups Water and as needed (You can also use Chicken stock or broth for added flavor.)
- ½ medium Onion or substitute with Onion flakes
- Lawry's Seasoned salt to taste (If you don't have Lawry's Use salt and pepper.)
- 1-2 tsp Paprika to decorate (*Optional)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped (*Optional)
In your large skillet, heat up the oil, adding the onions.
Cook until the onions are nice and slightly brown.
Stir in your garlic at this point to give it heat.
Do this for two minutes, don't let it sit as garlic tends to burn easily.
Add in your cooked beans, and water or chicken broth.
Once, the beans are heated through, begin mashing them.
Mash the beans up adding more liquid as necessary, to get the consistency you want.
Season your refried beans to taste, than sprinkle with the Paprika and cilantro if desired.
The Calores depend on the amount of beans you are able to get as well as the type of beans and oil used.
Don’t use lard in your beans to keep it healthy.
Always use oils with healthy fats.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, see more below!